Sunday, February 7, 2010

2nd Century Basketball Game

Here are a few shots from the Century vs Mayo basketball game. It was kind of interesting because there were a handful of photographers there shooting the game...and actually I think I knew quite a bit more about what I was doing than a few of the others! The one thing I really don't like about shooting basketball..or in a gym..is that it makes me feel the need for the 28-70 2.8 canon lens. I feel like my 50mm 1.4 is too short and there is no way to shoot both ends of the court, but the 70-200 2.8 is only ideal for the long shots at the other end of the court. I also really hate the poor gym lighting. As you can see I have to jack up my ISO to get any sort of quick shot (shutter speed above ~200)...and with this I lose quality. All in all I thought this time shooting when better than my first..I think I edited ~30 shots the first time compared to ~70 after this game....and it wasn't because I shot that many more shots! In the end, it was a good learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment